Friday, January 13, 2012

Music

I enjoy music. I don't listen to music as often as I used to because my job doesn't force me to be in the car anymore. I'm fortunate that I'm able to work from home, but I only listen to music that's on TV shows and sometimes I put Pandora on the ipod when I'm cooking or cleaning, but I only have a few stations that I routinely listen to.

I used to enjoy listening to music when I ran, but I stopped doing that because it played with my pace too much. I felt better when I did it without music. On top of that, I think it's much safer to run on the roads without music because you're able to hear traffic.

I watch an episode or two of The Biggest Loser pretty much every day right now. Some for research for my company, some for entertainment, and a little bit because I draw a lot of inspiration from the show. What those people accomplish is nothing short of amazing. With that said, I don't buy into a lot of the stuff they preach. The lifestyle change is too drastic, and I think that many of those people don't readjust into normal life so easily.

As I was watching an episode this morning, that happened to be the makeover episode of Season 7 (For the fans of the show, that's the season with Tara, Philipe, Sione, Mike, Ron, and Helen) a song came on that really hit home for me. The chorus goes something like this...

Its your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
Its an open door
Its your life

The song is by Francesca Battistelli and it's called "It's Your Life." Sure, it's a little girly, but it's inspiring for me because of this blog. I started this blog to be held accountable for my goals. I don't hit them all the time, but I certainly make progress towards them every time I try. I have people watching me on a weekly basis. Family and friends comment to me about my blog posts. Sometimes it feels like I'm just writing a journal because feedback isn't always immediate, but these lyrics make me think about what I'm doing.

When I spend my down time sitting around watching TV when I could be doing an extra workout, I sometimes wish that I was, but I don't because it's hard. I want to be an inspiration for everybody. I know that I'm not in as good of shape as I can be, and eventually will be, but I'm working towards it.

I guess that this post is less about music and more about thanking you all for keeping me in check. Keep watching me and forcing me to think about the choices that I make.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment