Monday, January 16, 2012

Start of Week 11

There's a pattern here. I plateau around week 10-11 every time I go through the 90 day program. I'm not sure if it's because it's harder towards the end of the program to maintain the goals, or because my body doesn't like what I'm putting it through at this point. I think it's the former.

This morning I was back into the 230's at least... 239. I dropped a pound, but here's why it happened...

I did REALLY well this week. I had multiple longer runs, ate like a champion, and then went away for the weekend. I knew I was going to be drinking in excess over the weekend because I was with friends, and so I decided to use my final free alcohol week. Luckily I decided to do that on Friday as opposed to Tuesday so I didn't drink all week long.

Friday night I had a few beverages with my wife. Saturday, I had multiple beverages with my friends. I also used Saturday as a high calorie day. I did relatively well until dinner. Bagel with cream cheese, salad, half a sandwich, and for dinner I had a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. The sandwich itself was probably ok, but the fries were deep fried.

After dinner, I had quite a few beers and quite a few slices of pizza and cookies. I knew as I was stuffing it into my face that it was a bad idea, but I was feeling good, enjoying myself, and not giving a crap.

I'm going to take some time to evaluate my goals and adjust them to make sure I stay motivated to the end.

I've lost 13 pounds. My goal was 30. Not gonna happen at this point. I have 20 days left. I'll be lucky to see the 220's. So instead of trying to lose 30 pounds, I'm going to try to, from this point on, lose another 5 pounds, which would put me at 234. Obviously I'm not finished losing weight, but every step closer is great.

I missed my second week of workouts this week. I missed it because I didn't work out on Saturday or Sunday. I'm disappointed about it, but it could be worse. I still can meet my goal if I finish all of my workouts for the remainder of the 90 days. I'm gonna keep going for that.

I've done 55 of my 71 days of staying in my calorie limit. I'm still on track to complete the goal, so I'm going to continue with this one as well, as is. I've got 4 high calorie days left for the next 3 weeks. No problem.

If I want to complete my alcohol goal, I'm going to need to finish the next 3 weeks on target. I'm prepared to do that, but I realized the other day that Super Bowl Sunday is Day 90. <crickets>. I'm gonna give myself a pass on the alcohol goal that day. I'll reserve a high calorie day for it.

I've completed 64 of 80 days of my water goal. I'm on track to finish it no problem. I don't have much of an excuse to not finish it. It's not a hard goal, I just happen to miss it sometimes for one reason or another. Usually because we're out of the house for longer than expected and I don't bring a water bottle with me.

So I guess I'm on track for all but my weight goal. I'm done missing alcohol weeks, though, so hopefully things go well for the next 3 weeks and I can drop my 5 pounds. If I get more than that, awesome.

Here's my pictures for today. Again, 239.

No comments:

Post a Comment