Monday, March 5, 2012

Start of Week 3

So I have a disappointing start to the week. I weighed in and gained 2 pounds. Like I said last week, I thought I had lost a bunch of water weight... after this weekend... I'm pretty confident I'm holding water again. There was a lot of beer and salty meat, potatoes, etc. YES, there were vegetables too.

This morning, I was 234.5

Like I said, disappointing, but not the end of the world. My weight loss goal is still attainable. Especially with the training we're doing. This was just a bad week for weight loss in general. I only ran 3 days this week, I also ran less mileage than I was supposed to. This week, we're busting out 12 miles on Saturday. That will be my high calorie day, and I'm not anticipating having another one this week.

When I started this blog, I decided to name it The Matt Train because that's what I wanted to be on my bike. A train. The steam engine, pulling my group along behind me. I've always been a leader, but I don't physically look like guy who's gonna do all the work. I want to look like that guy. I even said to my wife the other day that I'm starting to get self conscious of my stomach again. Which is weird because it's so drastically smaller than it used to be.

I also haven't been so in to cycling lately. I'm finding it hard to even think about getting on my bike and going out for a ride. Running has, for better or worse, replaced cycling as my passion for the time being. Over the weekend, I had a friend here for our party that is really great with bikes. He looked at my bike and tuned it up for me a little bit and told me what repairs I need to make... new chain... new shifter... etc. Another friend send me a new pair of bib shorts, which I'm pretty excited about wearing.

Once my bike is repaired and ready to go, I think I'll enjoy it more. It might also be a winter thing... it's too freakin cold outside to ride!

I'm looking at signing up for 4 big bike rides this season. Hopefully they all fit into my schedule. Plus the half-marathon, and the full marathon at the end of October (I'm signing us up on Wednesday!!!). Maybe there is something like a triathlon in my future. Who knows?

In the mean time, I'm going to refocus, and get my eating and exercise back on track for the week. I don't have any weekend distractions scheduled for the next few weeks, so I should be able to drop a decent amount of weight in this time period.

I feel like I should talk briefly about how my body feels lately. My wife and I ran 8 miles on Friday evening. When we do our long runs, it's usually in the afternoon. So I expected to not feel so great on the run. Oddly, I felt fine. I also felt fine at mile 4, despite the rain. And at mile 6. And 8. I could have kept going, but it was raining, and I wanted dinner. haha

I did not like how I felt this morning or yesterday after all of the drinking and eating I did. Although I stayed under my calorie limit, I didn't eat well. There was a lot of starch, and not a lot of vegetables. I laid in bed thinking about how terrible my body felt.

When I'm working with clients and we're talking about nutrition, I talk about how important fueling your body with the right kind of fuel is. You don't want to fill a high performance engine with low-grade gasoline just like you don't want to fill your body with low-grade food. I don't usually forget about this, but when I do, my body remembers and lets me know.

The Matt Train is back on track from this point forward and we'll be chuggin along until we reach our destination. At this point, it's inevitable.

This week's pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment