Monday, April 23, 2012

Start of Week 10

As some of you know, my wife and I moved over the weekend. Our stuff is still in boxes and I get to spend the day trying to unpack. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where my scale is, or even where to put it in the new house, so I'm not getting a weight this week. That might not be a bad thing considering how much junk food I ate over the weekend.

My brother in law, brother, and a friend came to help us move. It was uneventful and relatively easy, but we're still unpacking. I ate hoagies, pizza, and chicken wings on the weekend with lots of beer. I'm not sure why I didn't try to be healthier, but I didn't. Sometimes you just have a weekend like that.

I've got a great workout schedule for the week. Hopefully it involves losing some more weight. I'd like to get close to my weight goal if possible, although I'm not so confident these days. On the bright side, I'm still running and have started cycling. I'm doing well at both, I think.

On Friday, my wife and I woke up early so we could get our 10 mile run in before anyone showed up to help us move. My brother and brother in law were supposed to be here in the afternoon, so we figured we'd get some errands out of the way as well. When my brother got here, we hung out a little bit and then went for a bike ride. We only did 13 miles, but averaged 19mph. A pretty decent ride, but my legs were shot.

Since he's training for a sprint triathlon next weekend, he wanted to run right after the ride to get used to the transition. I tried it with him. I'm not sure if it was the 10 miles early in the day or the ride, but I got about a quarter mile before I decided I couldn't hang anymore.

I'm gonna try to get myself back on track this week and drop a few more lbs before the 90 days are over. I'll be keeping a glass of water by my side while I unpack. Typically if I'm busy, I'm not hungry, so we'll see how this week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment